5 reasons why video is an essential part of the marketing mix at Luxury Escapes
Authored by: Emily Rayner (Head of Content & Merchandising)
Luxury Escapes prides itself on the media marketing mix we provide to vendors to ensure your resort, boutique villa, hotel or tour is making headlines and connecting with travellers in search of the world’s best holidays.
Video is an essential part of the Luxury Escapes content marketing approach and every deal listed features video as a key component in merchandising your properties.
Over the last month, the Luxury Escapes video team have had record breaking figures in terms of engagement and contributing sales:
· In September The Luxury Escapes Vimeo account garnered 3.4 million plays
· The city with the most plays was Melbourne AUS with 274,124
· Best performing video for the month was Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua with 386,842 plays
· Luxury Escapes subsequently sold 1,292 packages for this offer during its 14-day campaign, resulting in over AUD $3 million in total sales
Some of the reasons that have contributed to video being such a successful connection point, research and sales conversion tool can be attributed to the following trends:
1. Video content promotes brand recall.
According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month. One of the biggest strengths of Luxury Escapes video marketing is that it’s highly visual and auditory, which means it’s easier for many users to remember than text-based content. When customers remember your video marketing content, they also remember your brand, which translates to more sales and leads for you. What’s more, customers typically like to share videos they enjoy, which can expand your online reach.
2. Video marketing can boost your site’s SEO.
When Luxury Escapes adds video to your deal landing pages, and content offers, it’s easy to improve your deal’s SEO value and improve your click-through rates and conversions across the board.
3. Video content performs well on all devices.
Today, one of the biggest trends driving the digital marketing world is responsive design. Close to 70% of all Luxury Escapes page views happen on a mobile device. Fortunately, our video content is fit for consumption on all devices, ranging from computers to mobile phones. This expands video’s reach and makes it more user-friendly and consumer-focused.
4. Video marketing can help strengthen your brand message.
Through simple features like Luxury Escape’s bespoke design and branding, to more advanced features like professional presenter led voice overs and content, video marketing is the ideal tool to strengthen your brand identity and make sure that your customers know who you are.
5. Video content wants to go viral.
It is estimated that 92% of people who consume mobile videos share them with other people. This is a massive portion and is higher than the share rate of many other types of content out there. We’ve found that video content is the most shared medium on Luxury Escapes 800,000 follower strong Facebook page. People love it!
Based on the success of video marketing, we’re excited to announce that from now on there will be three styles of video appearing across our content portfolio.
1. LE on Location - Presenter led on location resort video where Luxury Escapes Ambassador, Sophie Falkiner takes our audience on a journey of discovery around the luxury detail of your resort.
Sophie Falkiner has one of the most recognisable faces in Australian television. Well known for her work on The Great Outdoors, Wheel of Fortune and Sydney Weekender, most recently Sophie has been travelling Australia and Internationally as host of Luxury Escapes TV show and online series “The World’s Best Holidays”.
2. LE Insider – Our Partnerships and Contracting Managers give the insider scoop on the best your resort has to offer featuring footage you supply, combined with bespoke footage of the sights, sounds and flavours of the destination. If there is anything that our customer needs to know about your resort, LE Insider has the lowdown to give them the most up to date information to make their holiday choice that little bit easier.
3. LE Top 6 – A fast paced breakdown of the hottest restaurants, bars and must-see attractions featured at your resort’s destination.
Please feel free to reach out and discuss video opportunities with your Partnerships & Contracting Manager at any time and we can work out what video marketing solution can work for you and your brand.